BC Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation is a non-profit organization that works with educators to bring BC’s agriculture to their students. The BC Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation is supported by the BC Ministry of Agriculture, the BC Ministry of Health, the BC Ministry of Education, private donors, as well as the agriculture community in our province.
The foundation is governed by a Board of Directors represented by Agribusiness leaders, producers, educators, nutritionists, dieticians, and financial institutions. The office staff is led by an Executive Director who works with an Education Specialist, Communications Coordinator, IT & Infrastructure Manager, Office Coordinator, and three Program Coordinators.
Our Mission Statement
- Working to bring BC's agriculture to our students.
- To promote the value of agriculture, sustainable food systems and the protection of BC's agricultural resource base to our educators, students and society
- To provide educators and students with quality educational resources, programs and other agricultural information that highlight agriculture as an important part of our economy and way of life.
- To enable students to make informed decisions about food choices, food safety, the importance of local supplies of food and other agricultural products.
- To partner with the education, agriculture, health and business communities to develop, implement and evaluate quality initiatives.
- To build the relationship between BCAITC and its stakeholders to accomplish the Purpose of the Foundation.
- To promote careers in agriculture as a viable and desirable career choice.